About Our Competition
We welcome any short film screenplays from any genres. We host a new screenwriting competition every month.
There are three main categories you may enter your script into. We now offer the choice of receiving script feedback on your screenplay as well as entry. Feedback will be made from our judges and script consultants.
Our judges comprise of four veterans of the film industry, including two producers - who are always on the lookout for scripts to option/fund!
We are fortunate enough to have the following guest judges for this competition...
Guest Judge 1 - Steve Couch - An Emmy nominated video editor that has worked the majority of his career with Sony Pictures.
Guest Judge 2 - Fleur Castello - A screenwriter who worked with the BBC and has also written episodes for the hit British TV series, Waterloo Road.
- Your Script Will be Saved Into The SWN Script Bank*
- A Crystal Engraved Winners Trophy
- Official Paper Certificate
- Automatic Entry to Our Annual Screenplay Competition (£1000 award)
*Screenwriters will be invited to include their work in the SWN Script Bank, which is a curated database of quality scripts that are looking for production. These scripts will be available to a list of producers, directors and agents to find their next potential projects. Contacts of the writers will be shared directly to discuss the optioning of scripts, development and rights.
Rules & Terms
--- Contest Eligibility ---
1) All submitted material must be original, and the property of the applicant(s) at the time of submitting.
2) Any submitted work that is published or produced between the time of submission and the end of the judging period will no longer be eligible.
3) All entries must be in English.
4) Submission are welcome from any country.
5) There is no limit to the number of materials you may submit.
6) Short Film Scripts Must NOT Exceed 40 Pages